Saturday, October 15, 2005

really..of the tiring week..

Alright. Where shall I start? Why were the last 5 days so wearing? Last week and next week are our lecture block for Public Health, GP, Legal Med and Ethics subjects. That’s fine by me, although I loathe the Public Health lectures the most. Anyway, lecture block gives you a break from the hospital. That was the idea I had in mind. Little that I knew that we have to go to somewhere else in the afternoons.

I was in the first half of the class to go to the Cappagh National Orthopaedics Hospital. Well there are like 200 of us in the class, of course they can’t accommodate us all. It’s in Finglas (a dodgy area so people say). One good thing was that UCD provides transportation for us to get there. Rasa macam school trip pulak. Hehe. So everyday I was out by 8 am to get to the lectures (yang terribly boring I should say!), and the bus picked us up in Mater at 1 pm, had more lectures and tutorials (these ones were great, incomparable to the morning lectures in Mater!) until 5ish, got back to Mater around 6, and rushed to the mosque for iftar (coz surely, and defensively, I couldn’t make it home to prepare some decent dinner). Back at home, by the time you finish terawih, you wanna revise the lessons of the day, but your eyes are not so cooperative. And all the routine were done in very, very cold, windy and rainy days (and nights). And when it’s raining, the traffic got so bad you feel like ramming all the cars to get to you destination. And when the sky is dark, you tend to feel gloomy and depressed too. Fortunately it’s Ramadhan, so you just redha and embrace all the hardship with an open mind (ewah!). However, someone was unlucky to encounter me during one of the (unusual) attacks of crankiness. Sorry ye B..? ;)

So that was basically it. But I love the tutorials in Cappagh. They actually taught us, and they seemed really enthusiastic about it. And the enthusiasm was contagious. They also had everything really organized. I wish tutors kat Mater boleh buat macam diorang ni. Perhaps they could afford to give really good tutorials in Cappagh because they have plenty of time in their hands. Well, at least it seemed like they do. In Mater, it's hard even to get them to call back when you bleep them. More so to arrange for a tutorial. Sigh. Sometimes the unorganized nature of the clinical years could really frustrate you (that's me), and dampen your (mine, again)spirit to learn lah...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was just browsing and found your blog. Very Nice! I have a download music for free online site. In addition to download music for free online, you can get music of some of today's top artists' such as Green Day, Gwen Stefani, Simple Plan, Usher and many more. Please visit, check it out and enjoy!
Rod

Anonymous said...

hmmm..

-b-

Anonymous said...

heheh