Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Aku Sekeping Duit Syiling

Masa first year dulu, saya suka kumpul coins. No, bukan old coins, but Euro coins. If u noticed, different countries have different imprint on one side (heads or tails side? I'm not sure. I'll just say tails side coz in Eire they say "heads or harps"). Kenapa kumpul? I was fascinated by them. Like a lil child fascinated by butterflies, or stickers, or spiders in the case of Fifi when he was small. Gila punya budak. Spiders? Euu..
Anyways, nak tengok? I used to have more than these. Sometimes I desperately needed coins for bus fare I had to take a few from my collection. The coins used to amount to E40 ish. Now they are E31.42. No I dont look at them everyday *Pfftt* In fact, I've forgotten about them until recently when I was looking for my GBP money hidden among..no I'm not telling you about my secret place ;P
This is an Irish Euro coin. See what I meant..heads or harps?
Now lets have a closer look on the others..
Erm, they arent exactly good close-up pics, I know. Tried my best with the camera that I have. I cant say that I know for sure which country each of them belong to, but I know for a few. I got a few of them from here, a few from the countries I visited over the past years.

This is the one I like..
Looks like a red indian man isnt it? He may not be one. I dont know. I think it's cool anyway ;)
So, u may ask (or not) , why this entry about coins? Well, this entry is a tribute to them. Coz after this, they are making their separate ways either into the Dublin bus coinbox (or whatever u call that thing), Dunnes store cashbox or as change into the hands of my housemates who are going to have to pay me for the electric bill this month.
So long..

3 comments:

JUst Me said...

ko mcm nenek2 yg kumpul duit2 antik utk diturunkan kpd anak cucu..heheh..peace on earth!

sonie said...

:P

Anonymous said...

wah son aku ingat aku je buat..tapi aku nye collection dah lame dah innalillah coz aku papa kedana after balik fr paris a few years ago hehe..but it was fun..kanak2 generasi ps2 skang tak retinye nak appreaciate bende camni..ok stop bebel ika!!